Holiday Happenings. Here are some of the things that Harbor Church has planned to observe Thanksgiving and Christmas:
- Ecumenical Thanksgiving Service. 11/20 at 3pm Harbor Church
- Children’s Sunday. 12/18, 10am Harbor Church. Special season activities for kids including making ornaments and cookie decorating.
- Ecumenical Christmas Celebration. 12/18, 3pm at St. Andrew Parish Hall. A traditional service of Lessons and Carols, readings from the Christmas narrative and sacred Christmas music. Ecumenical Choir will be singing for the first time together in over two years!
- Longest Night Blue Christmas Service. Tuesday, 12/20 at 5pm Harbor Church. Service of Remembrance for those who have experienced recent loss in their lives
- Christmas Pageant. An Ecumenical Celebration of the Christmas Story on Christmas Eve at 4:30pm, Harbor Church
- Christmas Sunday Service. 10 am Harbor Church. Come celebrate the holiday with worship and gifts. There will be Grab-Bag Presents for all adults and children!
- An Advent Discussion Group! A weekly, one-hour discussion group on the Advent Theme of the Day will be held immediately following Coffee & Fellowship Time in the Sunroom. [from 11/27-12/18]
- Giving Tree. Christmas present collection for underprivileged children. Follow this Link to donate a present www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0A48AEAE28A1F58-christmas or See Carrie J. or Barby M.
You are safe here.
You can drop anchor here, take refuge and strength,
for here is very present help in times of calm and times of trouble.
This is a harbor where everyone, no matter who one is or where one is on one’s journey of faith, is welcome to seek refuge and strength.
Jesus has already paid the moorage fees.
We offer sanctuary, shelter, and hope to all who find their way here. All who come to this harbor will be made extravagantly welcomed because we are The Harbor Church and the Harbormaster is Jesus Christ our Lord.
Our Values (Mission) Statement:
Joyfully, we are invited by the Spirit of God to embrace, celebrate and minister to the hopes and hurts of our members, neighbors, and the larger community through Christ-centered prayer, worship, teaching, sharing and caring.
Harbor Church is a warm community of faith which seeks to serve the entire island as followers of Jesus Christ. We are affiliated with American Baptist Churches, but our membership includes persons of many denominations and we welcome visitors from all over to our services. Sunday morning Worship is at 10:00am year-round, both live and online.